In response to challenges of the exploding cost of healthcare coverage in the United States, MBNA partners with other industry associations to offer an affordable and accessible solution.
The Monument Builders of North America (MBNA) offers a program for its U.S.-based members aimed at providing employer members, their employees, and self-employed industry professionals a viable, cost effective, and accessible healthcare program. Entitled the MBHealthcare Program, this innovative program couples two ACA-compliant preventative care options, with a medical cost sharing program to cover significant and catastrophic medical events.
You asked …
Our innovative member program includes preventative care, prescription plans, telemedicine and medical cost sharing.
With savings of up to 60% over traditional group insurance, this innovative MBHealthcare Program, in partnership with the Small Association Leadership Alliance (SALA), is a comprehensive and cost-effective healthcare option exclusively for MBNA members – both businesses and individuals alike and makes a significant impact on the bottom line.
Component One: includes a choice of two preventative care plans from the Apex Management Group - Apex Advantage and Apex HDHP Basic MEC. With either plan, members receive 100% coverage for preventive care.
Apex Advantage adds co-payments for specialist and small and medium cost medical expenses, and prescription coverage, while HDHP Basic MEC provides a very low-cost, basic plan with a framework for a Health Savings Account (HSA).
Component Two: With your enrollment in Apex, participants can add medical cost sharing for unforeseen medical expenses, such as illness and injury. The Sedera Health medical cost sharing model boldly challenges the insurance status quo. Through an innovative layering of healthcare services, we enable individuals and families access to high quality healthcare that is affordable, flexible and effective.
In addition to sharing medical expenses, Sedera provides access to valuable Counseling, Medical Bill Negotiation, Telemedicine, Expert Second Opinion, and Personal Member Advisor services to all members.
This program is not insurance. It is an alternative solution that features a choice of two preventative care plans, each coupled with a medical cost sharing membership for sharing expense related to unexpected medical needs.
This program is not currently available in Vermont or South Dakota.
MBHealthcare, in partnership with SALA, is one solution to the high cost of healthcare in the monument industry!
- Available to businesses AND individuals; the monthly costs can be paid by the individual or employer;
- Available to full-time, part-time and seasonal staff
- Provides a terrific employee benefit at no cost to the company
- For companies, it’s a great way to attract new talent and retain existing talent
- MBHealthcare, provided by SALA, lowers healthcare costs by as much as 60%
- Enrollment is monthly – you may join at any time
- Offers a choice of two high-quality, affordable healthcare solutions
- Includes a four (4) year “Rate Lock” on preventative plans – offering rate stability in a very unstable market
Real life plan member savings
- Individual in Washington, DC – saving $497 or 55% per month
- Family of four in Lafayette, CA – saving $1,225 or 64% per month
- Couple in Douglasville, GA – saving $1,395 or 61% per month
- Individual in Gaithersburg, MD – saving $390 or 64% per month
82% meet theirs needs very or extremely well
9 in 10 find high value for their money
73% extremely likely to recommend
99% of customers find us very or extremely responsive
The program is being used by more than 80 associations and chambers nationwide, and participants are reporting a 91% satisfaction rate among those recently surveyed.
MBNA sees this program as a first step in a growing program of health and other benefit programs. Johns continued, “We will continue to work with other association leaders in advocating for viable, nationally-available, Association Health Plans (AHP’s) and other programs that can benefit our members and add to this offering when such programs become available.” Information about the MBHealthcare Program can be found on the MBNA web site at monumentbuilders.org/healthcare.