MBNA Member Benefits
Monument Builders of North America—Rich in Resources for Memorialists
MBNA is a rich resource and an extremely valuable investment. Here are some of the important ways MBNA works for you.
Exclusive Members Only Savings
- Manufacturer & Supplier members of this organization have banded together to create an incredible value in our annual online coupon book. This book will more than pay for the cost of membership along. Calculate your potential savings.
MBUniversity—THE vehicle for quality educational programs that address the needs of the memorialist and independent monument retailers. Offering programs yearly at the Industry Show and MBUniversity Conference; and online via the MBUniversity webinar series!
Public Relations—MBNA works to enhance its brand as the definitive organization to handle the concerns of memorialists and consumers everywhere, and to build awareness among consumers of the value of dealing with MBNA members and Certified Memorialists®.
Legislative & Regulatory Monitoring—Every new member allows MBNA to speak with a collective voice on state/provincial and federal legislative and regulatory issues and educate regulators and legislators about the unique aspects of your business that set it apart from other businesses in the death care industry.
Communications—MBNA maintains constant communication with its members through informative mailings, publications and a strong online presence.
Annual Conventions & MBUniversity Conferences — Every odd numbered year, MBNA presents a full display show with stone and supplies from across the globe! Every even numbered year, MBNA presents an expanded educational offering via MBUniversity. At both you can experience:
- Educational sessions are presented by memorialists for memorialists.
- Networking opportunities allow you to form more effective working relationships with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Through MBNA, you can expand your network of peer-oriented business resources.
Certified Memorialist® Program — (established in 1984) Documents and brands your level of expertise and competence as a memorialist.
- Eligible candidates are active with their local and national association, continue their education in the monument industry and are active in their local community.
- The exam is based on an extensive eleven-chapter manual that provides a comprehensive education on memorialization. Once the exam is passed, a CM® is entitled to use the CM® designation after his/her name on all forms of business correspondence. Each CM® also receives a lapel pin and plaque suitable for display. Your designation as a Certified Memorialist® must be renewed every three years.
Specialist Certificate Program — MBNA is currently working to establish credentials in specific technical aspects of memorialization including design, sales & grief management, carving & sandblasting, and setting/installation techniques.
MBAdvocacy Program — Designed to combat unreasonable and/or anti-competitive practices by other entities in the death care industry.
MBNA Annual Awards Programs
- Our semi-annual Design Contest recognizes excellence in memorial art.
- MBNAspire Awards highlight member firms’ successful Marketing & Public Relations Programs.
MBNA Offers Money-saving Affinity Programs
Annual Coupon Book—This yearly coupon book offers hundreds of dollars of savings to MBNA member manufacturers, wholesalers and suppliers! This benefit is given to all new members and members who renew their membership annually!
Bluefin Payment Systems — Low rates on keyed in or swiped debit and credit (VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover transactions.)
Connex Int’l — Discounts on teleconferencing and video/web conferencing services.
MAC Mall/PC Mall — Receive discounts and on IT products (Mac or PC) that you use every day, including PCs, printers, ink and toner, servers and more!
Lenovo — Members of MBNA are eligible to save up to 30% off the everyday public web price of the entire line of Lenovo products, including laptops, tablets, desktops, accessories and more. Members also receive free ground shipping on all web orders and can take advantage of monthly limited-time special offers. Experience the Lenovo difference!
Office Depot Partner Program — MBNA members save 10% off the web price on more than 30,000 office supplies through the Office Depot Partner Program. Helping you save while working better in your office, home, school, or car!
MBNA's Shipping Program — MBNA members can save at least 75% on qualifying less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments with UPS Freight, YRC Freight and Estes!
UPS Freight will get you regional, interregional, and long-haul capabilities. And with UPS technologies, such as WorldShip®, and Quantum View® manage, you can process and track LTL shipments, create electronic bills of lading, reconcile billing, and much more!
YRC Freight offers flexible, efficient solutions, including comprehensive regional and national coverage with a full suite of guaranteed, expedited and specialized services.
Estes is the largest privately-held (LTL) company in North America—as well as a total solutions provider for all of your local, national and international shipping needs.
Time Investment Company, Inc. — Offer financing options to your customers with a discounted fee structure (based on your customer’s credit score) exclusive to MBNA members!